Choosing The Size & Style Of Your Wood Fence
Choices, Choices, Choices! When it comes to deciding fence style and size, there are plenty of options. But picking and choosing doesn’t have to be overwhelming – our expert installers can help you through the decision process so that you end up with the type of fence that you want and need.
- Height – We can customize your fence to be just about any height you wish, from 3’ and up. Many wood privacy fences are 6’ high, but just let us know what you’re looking for and we’ll make it happen!
- Style – Whether you want to enhance your fence with dog-eared picket tops or you’d prefer to keep things simple, we have the skills and products to create the fence you’ve been dreaming of.
How Do I Know What Wood Type Is Right For Me?
Although aesthetic appearance is obviously a factor when choosing a wood type, there are some other important qualities of the wood to consider. That’s where our expertise comes in. We can tell you all about each type of wood and explain the pluses and minuses of each. For example, cedar is a popular material choice because it warps less than other wood types and it is undesirable to most insects. So if you’re looking for a sturdy and natural-looking fence that will last and last, cedar is a good choice.
- Cedar – Cedar is known for its stability, so you can expect a cedar fence to last and last. With cedar, there’s no need to worry about your fence warping or changing appearance – you’ll have the same beautiful fence for years and years.
- Pressure-Treated Pine – Pressure-Treated Pine is guaranteed not to decay or be damaged by insects for at least 20 years. Unfortunately, this type of wood does have a tendency to warp, shrink and split, especially in certain climates.
- Spruce – Spruce is a great choice if you’re on a tight budget, or if you like the greyish-white color of spruce. Unfortunately, it isn’t the most durable type of wood, so moisture and insects often cause damage.
For more information on the different types of wood and their pros and cons, please click here!
Let Us Build The Fence Of Your Dreams!
If you’ve been dreaming of a new wood fence, let the experts at Northeastern Fences create a fence that you can enjoy for the long haul. Call us at (518) 767-9316 to schedule your fence appointment today!